Saturday, August 15, 2015

What is the MAN ON FIRE PROJECT all about?


As an entrepreneur, fitness person, and family man I lead a pretty busy life, but I am often in thought about how I can be of more value, add more service, be a better father, be a better husband and a better influence in my community.  In this broad world of the internet perhaps there are like minded individuals like me, ones with similar fears, similar courageous acts in overcomming tough challenges, ones with a similar story they can share to improve or encourage someone else’s life, one that has much more to give than their current situation allows.  One that isn’t defined by their mistakes, but by their courage to stick with life, through thick and thin.  Les Brown, an inspirational speaker once mentioned that the grave yard is the richest place on earth.  It contains all the dreams that never became fruition, it contains ideas that never developed.  We all have fears that we have overcome, that we are dealing with, and that will always come our way.  We take the curve balls life throws at us and yet we are still standing, sometimes stronger than before.  Our failures are part of our growth, and nothing to be ashamed of, it tests our vulnerabilities, it pushes us to our limitations, but it also shows us we can overcome with determination.  Without resistance we cannot grow, staying safe will never allow us to test our limits, it will never allow us to push for our dreams. 
I decided to try this blogging thing in hopes of creating a network for inspiration, for greater consciousness of our world, our environment our lives.  I have reached an age of 44 years, and have reached cross roads where I feel I am running out of time.  I have decided to get more out of my comfort zone, to try new things, to face greater fears, to develop ideas and above all to add more value to others.  This has ignited a fire in me to produce a better life, one with no more regrets.  I am a man on fire, and want to inspire others to do the same even if it means I have to share my vulnerabilities, and my challenges.


Luis Goncalves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your story without judgement