Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Fitness Goals

I found myself missing my fitness goals last year, I would be on and off with every excuse in the book; I have two businesses to run, I have a family...etc. From time to time we all make excuses, and push our health back. So this year I decide to do things a bit different. Since setting impassionate goals weren't working, I decided to get a bit more aggressive, and perhaps incorporate a bit of fear. I decided to challenge myself with the Spartan Race Beast, for those not familiar, it is up to a 13 mile running challenge with army style obstacles-about 30 of them in fact for this particular race. This challenge to myself certainly made me stand up straight, and get serious. I only have a short time to prepare, in fact 3 months, and to date the countdown is about 39 days left to really prepare. I started off at about 250lbs, and am down to about 235lbs after about 11/2 months of training. I have always lifted weights, and although I have a high degree of muscle, my cardio certainly reflected poor health. Every day since I have set the challenge I have not missed a workout, I have pushed my cardio to a degree I have never reached before...at least not for many years.
I will push hard onward, and will post my journey as time goes on. This has not only improved my health, but also my focus on not only my fitness, but business and family.
Keep well, and train hard!

Luis Goncalves

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your story without judgement